Sunday, July 31, 2011

Excessive gaming can be lethal

Hello all. While this site is mainly about breastfeeding, most of you know I am also a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, therefore I am concerned about the health of children of all ages. Please take a look at this Yahoo news article I have pasted the link for here. In my practice I see countless kids who are overweight and choosing to play video games way too much. We now know it can actually lead to sudden death in extreme cases. I recommend no more than 2 hours of "screen time" daily for all of my patients which includes sitting and looking at any electronic device ie: TV, computer, cell phone, etc. And breaks should be taken at least every hour to go and walk around or do some other phyiscal activity. http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/866-xbox-addict-dies-from-blood-clot/

No comments:

Post a Comment